The Terms of Service covers SomethingFeelsWrong.com and any associated content, including but not limited to, emails and RSS feeds. Please read this statement carefully before proceeding to access our content. Your use of SomethingFeelsWrong.com indicates your agreement to abide by the Terms of Service in effect.
1. Use of Content
SomethingFeelsWrong.com serves its original content under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial License, for non-commercial reproduction with credit to the source site. This license permits anyone to do the following with original SomethingFeelsWrong.com content in any medium:
1. a) To reproduce, remix or otherwise alter original SomethingFeelsWrong.com site material so long as the SomethingFeelsWrong.com logo or “SomethingFeelsWrong.com” is displayed along with a link back to the SomethingFeelsWrong.com website. This includes specifically permission:
- to reproduce quotes
- to reproduce screenshots of any page of SomethingFeelsWrong.com website
- to include original SomethingFeelsWrong.com material in curated form… for videos, print or online
Important Note: This does not include the right to republish images from SomethingFeelsWrong.com for which SomethingFeelsWrong.com may or may not be the copyright holder, except in the context of a screenshot of the whole site. SomethingFeelsWrong.com makes no representations or guarantees about the suitability for third-party use of content that appears on the SomethingFeelsWrong.com website. Any creative common rights granted above only apply to content in which SomethingFeelsWrong.com is the copyright holder.
2. RSS Feeds
SomethingFeelsWrong.com provides an excerpt RSS feed for each of its posts at http://SomethingFeelsWrong.com/feed/. If you are using all or substantially all of the feed, we ask that you include an active link back to the original source document.
3. Web Syndication of SomethingFeelsWrong.com Content
- Internal links in the Site content must not be removed.
- “Read More…” links back to original Site at the end of each post must be included on content pages and may not be removed.
- Reproduction of screenshots from any Site is permissible, without prior written approval, as long as the site logo and URL is fully visible or otherwise included on the page.
- Images from SomethingFeelsWrong.com are generally copyrighted and must not be used in print without written specific copyright approval.
- The Site logo and URL must appear prominently at the top of each section displaying site content.
SomethingFeelsWrong.com provides content “as is” and SomethingFeelsWrong.com and its principles shall not be held liable for your use of the information, the feeds, or your use of the website. Use of SomethingFeelsWrong.com content, including text and images on your own site or in print is entirely at your discretion. SomethingFeelsWrong.com is not responsible for any complaints regarding content or images that you choose to display on your site or in print.
The comments sections on SomethingFeelsWrong.com are open to all users of the website. If the user chooses, those comments may be submitted anonymously. SomethingFeelsWrong.com cannot be held responsible for any comments made by others on the site. Our policy is not to censor or delete comments. Please realize that any comment you make becomes open to the public and you should use discretion in posting comments. NEVER:
- Post threatening, harassing, defamatory or libelous material.
- Intentionally make false or misleading statements.
- Offer to sell or buy any product or service.
- Infringe on another’s copyright.
- Disclose information that you know to be confidential or sensitive or in violation of the law.
- SomethingFeelsWrong.com does reserve the right to remove any comment it considers, solely in its discretion, to violate the Terms of Service or any of the above guidelines.
7. Communication with SomethingFeelsWrong.com
Any communication with SomethingFeelsWrong.com or submission of content to us, including any documentation or images is considered property of SomethingFeelsWrong.com and we reserve the right to reproduce such content, in whole or in part, on SomethingFeelsWrong.com or any of our related websites, blogs or print materials. In submitting content to us, you are representing that the content is yours to give to us, does not infringe on any third-party’s rights – copyright, trademark, privacy rights and the like – and is not libelous or unlawful in any other way.
Please note that we will respond only to notices of alleged infringement that comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. The text of the Act can be found at the U.S. Copyright Office Web Site.
To file a notice of infringement with us, you must provide a written communication (by email with an attached and signed PDF) that sets forth the items specified below. Please do not send us regular mail, as we may not receive it in a timely fashion. To enable us to address your concerns please provide the following information:
- For each allegedly infringing image, video or piece of text that you wish to have removed from SomethingFeelsWrong.com provide the exact URL for the page containing the material.
- Provide information sufficient to allow us to contact you: an email address is preferred, as well as a telephone contact number.
- For images provide the following information detailing your claim to ownership of the copyright in the allegedly infringing image:
a) Proof of copyright of the image concerned, specifically proof of registration of the Image under the DMCA; OR, absent such registration, a detailed description of where the photograph was taken, by whom, who or what the subject of the image is, and evidence to support your claim that you own the copyright of the image. We will not comply with requests to remove an image where the complainant cannot prove that they own the copyright of the image in question.
b) Include the following statement: “I swear, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that I am the copyright owner or am authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.”
c) Sign the document and email it to Admin [at] SomethingFeelsWrong [dot] com.
Please note that you will be liable for damages (including costs and attorneys’ fees) if you materially misrepresent that any material on our sites is infringing your copyrights.
9. External Links Disclaimer
The SomethingFeelsWrong.com website routinely contains links to external, third party websites. By providing links to other sites, SomethingFeelsWrong.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to SomethingFeelsWrong.com.
SomethingFeelsWrong.com does not operate or control and has no responsibility for the information, products and/or services found on any external sites. SomethingFeelsWrong.com cannot represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any information, products and/or services provided on or through any external sites, including, without limitation, warranties of any kind, either express or implied, warranties of title or non-infringement or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Visitors to SomethingFeelsWrong.com must assume complete responsibility and risk in their use of any external sites. Visitors should direct any concerns regarding any external link to Admin [at] SomethingFeelsWrong [dot] com.
10. General Disclaimer
The SomethingFeelsWrong.com website is generally an opinion site. We publish articles and information that could be considered by some to be conjecture, speculation or predictions of the future. Information on the site may contain errors and inaccuracies. While the principles of the SomethingFeelsWrong.com website attempt to offer collaborating materials, this is not always possible and the principles of SomethingFeelsWrong.com makes no warranty as to the correctness or reliability of any specific content on the website. Opinions made by others in any content linked to on the SomethingFeelsWrong.com website are not the responsibility of SomethingFeelsWrong.com or its principles.
Email sent to SomethingFeelsWrong.com is considered our property. All correspondence is considered available for publication.
11. Information Security
SomethingFeelsWrong.com has technical, administrative and physical safeguards in place to help protect against unauthorized access to use or disclosure of user information we maintain. Under our security practices and policies, access to personally identifiable information is authorized only for those who have a business need for such access, and sensitive records are to be retained only as long as necessary for business or legal needs and destroyed before disposal.
Although we work hard to protect personal information that we collect and store, no program is one hundred percent secure and we cannot guarantee that our safeguards will prevent every unauthorized attempt to access, use or disclose personal information.
If you become aware of a security issue, please email us at Admin [at] SomethingFeelsWrong [dot] com. We will work with you to address any problems.
12. Notification of Changes
From time to time SomethingFeelsWrong.com may modify its Terms of Service and any revised Terms of Service will be posted to this page. We will not make any attempt to notify users of the SomethingFeelsWrong.com website in any other way.
13. Effective Date
This statement of the Terms of Service is effective June 1, 2016.